The New Mexico Association for the Education of Young Children (NMAEYC) is one of New Mexico’s largest nonprofit organizations working on behalf of early childhood education professionals, young children and their families.
Please explore the menu items below:
As an affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), NMAEYC is part of a network of more than 100,000 education professionals who represent and advocate for the interests of young children and their families across New Mexico and the country.
We offer a wide variety of services to support early childhood education in New Mexico. These include:
- Annual New Mexico early childhood educator professional development conference
- Early childhood education public policy advocacy to benefit educators, children and families at the state and local level
- State-wide directory of early childhood development programs and courses
- Professional development opportunities for early childhood educators
- T.E.A.C.H. early childhood scholarship program
- Programs and grants to enhance early childhood development in New Mexico
- Quarterly NMAEYC newsletter
- Information on all kinds of issues including research, credentialing, childcare, child care regulations, and children’s education.
Are you considering a career in early childhood education? Take a look at our statewide directory of early childhood education programs and classes. Subscribe to receive email updates, and join our social media community of early childhood educators below.