To promote quality care and education for the well-being of ALL young children, birth to eight, through professional development and advocacy.
Strategic Plan 2014-2015
NMAEYC has been involved in a 13-month-long Strategic Planning Process. We would like to thank the W. K. Kellogg Foundation for their generosity in supporting this work. They believed in our mission, vision, and values enough to support this grand endeavor! You can find the board-approved Strategic Plan below.
NMAEYC envisions a respected, educated professional workforce providing developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive, high-quality, early care and education.
This high quality care and education is provided to all young children in New Mexico, and achieved through research, education, professional development and advocacy.
- To be the primary and respected source of research and information on early care and education in New Mexico.
- To be the primary and respected leader in the advocacy arena, exerting influence to achieve positive change on early care and education issues.
- To be the guiding force for members to develop professionals and leaders in the early care and education community.
- To demonstrate responsiveness to member needs by providing high-quality programs, products and services.
- To continue fostering and building a strong partnership with regional affiliates and chapter organizations and supporting their efforts to become effective at the local level.
- To demonstrate an efficient and effective organization by using the systems necessary to govern and manage in ways that will maximize our human and financial resources.
- To achieve equitable recognition and compensation for all who work in the early care and education profession.