- This event has passed.
(Albuquerque) WIDA Play-Based Workshop
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hello Preschool Educators,
The Central Region Educational Cooperative (CREC) in partnership with the Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD) and The Wisconsin Center for Education Research, is pleased to offer the following WIDA Play-Based Workshops. These will be in person events, and you must attend at the location provided on the event details page. Zoom participation will not be available.
Earn 6 hours of Continued Professional Learning for each of the following! Stipends of $100 are also available to those who will be off-contract and/or not being compensated by their employer for participation.
This event will be held at:
720 Rankin Rd.
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107
This interactive workshop examines key ideas and concepts from WIDA Early Years resources that are essential for promoting and providing equitable care and education to multilingual children. Additionally, participants will connect research to practice as they explore mini-action research topics related to equitable language-focused play, a concept participants will learn about and explore in this workshop.
1. Discuss equitable language-focused play for multilingual children.
2. Analyze local factors that impact equitable language-focused play for multilingual
3. Identify opportunities for providing equitable language-focused play for multilingual
children in your setting.
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Environment and Resources
3. Language Use and Learning During Play
4. Language-Focused Family and Community Engagement
5. Wrap Up and Closing