JOB TITLE: NMAEYC Resource Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In alignment NMAEYC’s mission, vision, goals and strategic plan, the Resource Development Manager (RDM) will have the capability of and responsibility for diversifying NMAEYC funding sources by utilizing community fundraising tools, NAEYC resources and initiatives, strongly engaging the Board, developing a private donor base, and mobilizing volunteers in fund development. The RDM will also develop and implement annual campaigns designed to cultivate private and public-sector involvement, will identify and leverage optimal resources, will develop relationships and facilitate their investment in NMAEYC, and will encourage donor loyalty. The RDM will utilize creativity and marketing strategies to optimize the NMAEYC brand throughout the community while building relationships and a portfolio of accounts that meet and exceed the organization’s revenue goals.
Resource Development is a new program for NMAEYC. While a great deal of fundraising work has been done up to now, hiring for this position will diversify and expand this work, consolidating the resource development efforts of NMAEYC. We are looking for a person who is interested and excited about helping to create this new program and build an even stronger culture of giving within NMAEYC.
- Establish a Fund Development Plan for sustaining NMAEYC over time
- Create a stable, ever-increasing and diverse revenue stream for organizational and program continuity
- Generate marketing/branding materials and promotions that creatively inform the early childhood community and stakeholders of NMAEYC’s mission and vision, while successfully facilitating their investment and financial commitment
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Fundraising experience to include but not limited to: grant writing, event driven fundraising, social media and online platforms, donor cultivation and stewardship,
implementing annual campaigns, and other forms of fund development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in Early Childhood Education or related field, including the nonprofit management sector, preferably education / early childhood education or professional membership organizations, AND
- Two or more years of relevant, successful and senior experience in professional fundraising, preferably in nonprofit fundraising, large event planning, and business/corporate sponsorships. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AA degree and 4 or more years of relevant and successful experience in professional fundraising, preferably in nonprofit fundraising, large event planning, and business/corporate sponsorships. AA in Early Childhood Education or related field, including the nonprofit management sector, preferably education / early childhood education or professional membership organizations, AND 7 or more years senior nonprofit management experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 10 years relevant, successful experience.
- Knowledge/understanding of the early childhood education care systems in New Mexico preferred; active interest in ECE and willingness to learn required.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about NAEYC and NMAEYC mission and vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb relationship building/management skills.
- Positive, realistic and visionary mindset.
- Takes initiative and is comfortable with reasonable risk-taking.
- Understands challenges and identifies clear goals and action plans
- Mastery of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and mind-mapping software.
- Experience in donor database preferred; a willingness to learn required.
- Comfortable with working closely with a small team, internal stakeholders, and external partners on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers, printers, fax machines and scanners.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, research skills, and ability to follow through.
- Competent and creative graphic design skills is preferred.
- Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others.
- Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Resourceful and committed to continuous improvement.
- Work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have ability to perform work that could require sitting, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Travel up to 25% of the time, work on some weekends or after traditional work hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:The following duties are representative of the responsibilities of this position. These assignments may change as the needs and priorities of the organization evolve. The Resource Development Manager will work with the Executive Director to establish mutually agreeable priorities and a manageable plan for implementation of the job description, which includes action plans and a timeline.
- Effective & Efficient Organization
- Work effectively with the Executive Director, Board Treasurer, Finance Department and Finance Committee
- Create Fund Development Plan for Sustaining NMAEYC over time that includes:
- Assessing and analyzing past years numbers
- Developing new and creative funding mechanisms
- Establish broadly diversified revenue streams
- Maintains and strengthens ECE and family support funding
- Develop diversified revenue streams, including:
- National and local foundations that are mission-aligned;
- More family foundations with members who are interested in the NMAEYC’s work;
- Businesses who understand our vision or whose key leaders may be
- involved on our board;
- Individual donors who have been touched by our work in some way
- Business, foundations, and non-profit entities that focus on regional development
- Works in alignment with the NMAEYC strategic plan and current grant requirements
- Actively integrates HPIO best practices
- Creates internal capacity for strategic financial thinking and planning
- Research & Information
- Study the NMAEYC fundraising workshop tapes and create an action plan for implementation
- Utilize NAEYC Technical Assistance resources, including the NAEYC TA Plan and their Financial Management Series, which includes Fiscal Policies and Budgeting.
- Able to construct efficient, practical budgets
- Understands the financial aspect of proposal writing
- Excellent grant writing skills and grant management ability
- Responsible for generating timely grant reports to foundations
- Strong and efficient researching skills, with the ability to discern pertinent information and then analyze and use the data to make effective decisions
- Members & Topic Cohorts
- Knows and can assess the NM landscape for fundraising focused on early childhood education
- Know the strengths of NM Foundations
- Early Childhood Funders Group
- Ability to understand the relationships that NMAEYC already has with funders and how to build upon them
- Able to develop strong relationships with potential funders
- Find new funders
- Understanding of child development for children birth – age 8
- Training and managing volunteers to support annual/special campaigns
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships to establish a large, committed volunteer base who support NMAEYC
- Programs, Products & Partnerships
- Able to develop a private donor base
- Cultivates and nurtures partnerships, sponsorships and affiliate relationships
- Cultivates and manages ongoing relationships with current and prospective donors
- Facilitates campaigns (online, galas, etc.) and related events from start to finish
- Participates in community activities which contribute to the acquisition and retention of individual donors
- Utilizes graphic design skills to create funder/donor presentations, promotions and marketing packages
- Develops strategic promotions to increase member engagement and funding
- Coordinates with and assists P2P coordinators on fundraising
- Leadership & Professional Development
- Demonstrates excellent strategic planning across projects/programs
- Works collaboratively with Membership & Program Manager on the Annual Conference Preparation and Implementation- budget oversight and financial planning
- Plans events for campaigns, affinity groups, and any other NMAEYC event as needed
- Demonstrates strong marketing skills related to non-profit organizations
- Understands a variety of social media platforms and is able to manage them successfully
- Strong networking skills and ability to identify influencers
- Manages and updates a relationship database of current and potential donors
- Coordinates materials needed for promotions/campaigns
- Assists with campaign related web and social media content
- Recognition & Compensation
- Develop matrix and plan for Target Fundraising: Accreditation, Board Development, Advocacy, Membership components, Annual Conference
- Provides ongoing and timely donor recognition and appreciation
- Completes other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY : The candidate hired for this position will have monthly progress reviews for the first three months and then quarterly thereafter to monitor goal attainment, grant implementation, strategic planning alignment and update action plans. This is an at-will position.
- Full time: 40 hours / week
- Competitive salary and benefits through cafeteria plan choices.
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation time policies
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Include “your first and last name: RDM” in subject line.In your cover letter, include reference to grants and / or proposals that you have written along with outcomes such as relationships built / money raised. Attach at least one example of a proposal / grant you have written. Preference given to applications received by September 13, 2019.