With the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases rising in the United States, each day, we’re all feeling more than a little distracted by this fast-moving pandemic. We are here to help you and address a variety of demands, social distancing, remote work and home schooling, NMAEYC will provide a wide variety of resources, from meal sites, COVID-19 updates, activities for kids and much more.
If you need internet at home, Internet Essentials offers very low cost internet to qualifying families, and in light of the crisis they are increasing internet speeds and offering two months free for new customers.
Your health and safety are priority to us! We will add additional information and resources as they become available.
Resources for Parents and Children
A list of all of the educational companies giving out free trials of their services during the outbreak
100 Ways to Play From the Boston Children’s Museum
Lakeshore Learning Learn at Home YouTube series
KOB has also compiled a list of some additional resources
An Edward Lear Alphabet – A fun and education interactive e-book-like celebration of a poem from 1871 that uses public domain artwork for each letter’s illutrations.
NAEYC COVID resources
Meal Sites During School Closures in New Mexico
The New Mexico Out-of-School Time Network (NMOST) has compiled a list of known meal sites that will continue to serve meals to students in school districts throughout the state of New Mexico during the statewide public school closures. Below, you will find that all school districts in the state are in alphabetical order. For school districts where days, times, and locations of meal sites are unknown/unclear, we have attached blue hyperlinks that will take you to a web page with the contact information for that school district’s Food Service/Nutrition Service Director whom you can direct your questions to. Just click on the name of your school district.
For any Health related questions about COVID-19 (aka the Coronavirus) please call 1-855-600-3453
For any questions relating to school closures, job issues, food etc., please call 1-833-551-0518
Alamogordo Public Schools
Albuquerque Public Schools
- APS has Identified 89 Sites for Student Meal Pick-ups
- Grab & Go meals will be provided to students during three-week school closure.
- Follow the hyperlink above for more information
- Carlsbad Municipal Schools will be providing meals at the following sites:
- Hillcrest Elementary – 215 N. 6th Street
- Carlsbad High School – 3000 W. Church
- Carlsbad Intermediate School – 8—W. Church
- Desert Willow Elementary – 2100 Primrose Street
- Carlsbad Sixth Grade Academy – 301 Alta Vista Street
- Breakfast and Lunch meals will be provided together from 9:00 – 10:30am for pick up each day.
- Students can pick up a Grab and Go Lunch and Breakfast for the following day at the following locations/times, Monday through Friday for the duration of the closure:
- Cimarron Elementary Cafeteria (West side of building): 11:00 am – 12:00 pm daily
- Eagle Nest School (front of the building): 11:30 am – 12:30 pm daily
- Angel Nest Apartments (front of the building): 11:45 am – 12:00 pm daily
- Angel Skye Apartments (front of the building): 12:00 pm – 12:15 pm daily
- Lowe’s grocery store (front of the building): 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm daily
- Beginning Wednesday 3/18 grab’n go meals will be available at the CHS cafeteria from 10-11am & in outlying communities with exact time & location to be announced
- Deming Public Schools, Student Nutrition Department will provide free meals to all DPS enrolled students regardless of which school they attend. No paperwork is required, children must be present in order for meals to be provided. Meals will be provided based on the number of children present. Families will be able to pick up both breakfast and lunch at the same time (drive-thru meal service). On the following dates Monday, March 23 – Friday, April 3, 2020 at four school sites from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Meals will be provided on a first come first serve basis.
- Bataan Elementary – 2200 Hwy 418 SW, Deming, NM
- Columbus Elementary – 7450 Altura RD SE, Columbus, NM
- Ruben S. Torres Elementary – 1910 8th Street NW, Deming, NM
- Central Cafeteria – 422 W Birch, Deming, NM
- District officials will meet on Sunday afternoon to plan and work out logistics during the closure, including food options for students and expectations for school employees for the next three weeks.
- During the time of school closure, the District is working on a plan to provide school meals beginning on Tuesday, March 24th (after the District’s scheduled Spring Break)
- All FMS PreK-12 students are eligible for meals at any site, not just the school they attend. STUDENTS MUST BE PRESENT. Breakfast & lunch served at the same time. All meals must be taken home, not eaten on school premises. Use bus loading zones for car or walking pickups. Meal distributions will occur Monday-Friday starting March 23 until April 3.
- Morning pick-up: 8-10am
- Animas Elementary
- Apache Elementary
- Bluffiew Elementary
- McCormick Elementary
- Esperanza Elementary
- McKinley Elementary
- Hermosa Middle School
- Tibbetts Middle School
- Farmington High School
- Rocinante High School
- Evening pick-up (for next day): 5-7pm
- Central Kitchen (305 N. Court)
- Tibbetts Middle School
- Mesa View Middle School
- Meals for students will continue to be provided to all GCCS students. Lunches will be provided through a bus route delivery system and school site delivery system.
- Meals availability begins on TUESDAY, March 17th
- Meals will be made available through two distribution channels:
- For those students who ordinarily ride the bus to school, meals will be delivered to the bus stops where the student would normally be picked up (times TBD)
- Those students who do not ordinarily ride the bus to school will be able to pick up meals at their regular school sites. These meals will be prepared as a “grab ’n go” method.
- Distribution of meals (Breakfast & Lunch).
- Please note that meals will be ready for pickup starting at 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Monday, March 16th – Friday, March 20th. Students must have ID cards with no exceptions!
Hatch Valley Public Schools
Hobbs Municipal Schools
- Meals seved in “to go” packs Monday – Friday, March 16 – April 3
- Breakfast, 7:30am – 8:15am
- Lunch, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Provided at all 13 elementary schools in Hobbs Municipal Schools
- If you are a secondary student, you are encouraged to go to the elementary school closest to your home.
- Beginning Monday, March 16 through April 3 Las Vegas City Schools will be serving grab & go breakfasts and lunch to students. At this time no one will be allowed to eat in the cafeteria. Buses will travel to outlying communities following their bus routes to deliver breakfast and lunch. Bus numbers delivering are 71, 80, 82, and 64. Serving times are as follows:
- Silas Lopez ECC Breakfast 8:30 – 9:30am; lunch 11:30am – 12pm
- Sierra Vista Elementary Breakfast 8:30 – 9:30am; lunch 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Breakfast Delivery for Breakfast: Leave Las Vegas at 8:00am
- Bus Delivery for Lunch: Leave Las Vegas at 11:00am
- School based health clinics will remain open. Questions about health issues call 1-855-600-3453
- Beginning March 16th and ending April 3rd, grab and go lunches will be provided for students who need them from 11 am – 1 pm at Aspen Elementary School
- Beginning March 17, 2020, LLPS will provide FREE breakfast and lunch to all students.
- Both Meals will be served from 11:30-1:00 every weekday, except holidays. Meals will be provided to students at several of our school sites and in the community. All meals will be “grab and go” and will be served by driving through a line. Adult meals will cost $4.00.
- The following sites will provide meals to students during the 3-week closure:
- Ann Parish Elementary
- Meadowlake Fire Station
- Desert View Elementary
- Los Lunas Elementary
- Katherine Gallegos Elementary
- Huning Ranch Park
- Los Lunas High School
- Peralta Elementary
Loving Municipal Schools
Lovington Public Schools
Magdalena Municipal Schools
Maxwell Municipal Schools
Mesa Vista Consolidated Schools
Mora Independent Schools
Moriarty Municipal Schools
Mosquero Municipal Schools
Pecos Independent Schools
Peñasco Independent Schools
- During the closure food service will continue on the following schedule:
- Monday – Friday Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch will be distributed between 10:00 -12:00 at 3 locations:
- PISD Cafeteria
- Ojo Sarco Community Center
- Picuris Pueblo
- The Portales School Board will meet on Monday to discuss and make decisions about this unforeseen closure. More information will be provided after that meeting.
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, Questa Public Schools will provide breakfast and lunch to students using a drive thru method. As you drive up to the designated sites, tell the person at the site the number of meals you need. A paper sack will be handed to you with the meal(s). Please do not get out of your vehicle as this is very important for everyone’s well being. This will continue throughout the three weeks unless the system has to be modified for unforeseen reasons. At Cerro & Costilla look for a QISD Suburban.
- All meals will be served accordingly: Breakfast 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM and Lunch 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Questa, Alta Vista – Alta Vista north side cafeteria door
- Cerro: Cerro VFW
- Costilla: Costilla Gas Station
- During the three-week mandatory school closure, grab-n-go breakfast and lunches will be made available to children up to the age of 18 at the following locations:
- Rio Rancho Middle School (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Ernest Stapleton Elementary School (11 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School (11am to 12 p.m.)
- Puesta del Sol Elementary School (11am to 12 p.m.)
- Colinas del Norte Elementary School (11:30 to 12:30 p.m.)
- Sandia Vista Elementary School (11 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Lincoln Middle School (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- As with our summer meal program, all children must be in the vehicle with the adult picking up the meals in order for us to release the meals. We will provide both breakfast and lunch in a grab-n-go format at the same time.
- Drive-thru pick-up service located at White Mountain Elementary School
- Breakfast: 7:30 – 8:30am
- Lunch: 12:00 – 1:00pm
- Student’s name is the only requirement for pick-up.
- *Food 4 Kids Backpack program will continue with weekend food distribution during the 3 weeks of closures. Food will be available during Friday distributions at the WME Cafeteria drive-thru pick-up area.
- The district will provide meals, free of charge, to all SFPS students under age 18, beginning after Spring Break, on Monday, March 23rd. These meals will be distributed curbside at the following locations:
- Aspen Middle School
- Capital High School
- Chaparral Elementary School
- Kearny Elementary School
- Ramirez Thomas Elementary School
- Santa Fe High School
- Sweeney Elementary School
- Food pickup will be available at the following times:
- Breakfast 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
- Lunch 11:45 AM – 12:45 AM
- As you pick up meals, please remain in your vehicle. The district will let families know, as soon as possible, if they will have meals available during Spring Break, March 16th – 23rd.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, Stout Elementary Cafeteria and Cliff Schools Cafeteria will be serving grab & go meals for breakfast from 8:00 – 9:00am and lunch grab & go meals from 12:00 – 1:00pm
- Communication about potential spring break sites is forthcoming
Socorro Consolidated Schools
Springer Municipal Schools
- Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, Monday – Friday, all students may pick up breakfast and lunch next door to the fire department. Students may not linger; this is a grab and go. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Lunch will be served from 12:00 p.m.
- Meal Distributions start Monday, March 23rd. Stay tuned to Taos website for more information.
- During the weeks of March 16 and March 30th, Tatum Schools will provide give and go lunches at the School Cafeteria at 11:30 AM (Monday – Thursday). These meals will be provided for students only. Lunches will not be provided during the week of March 23 due to this being Spring Break Week.
- Meals will be provided to students during this crisis starting Monday and will carry on through Friday for the duration of the closure and Spring Break. Breakfast will be served from 7:30am to 9am and lunch will be from 11:30am to 1pm and will be in the form of a grab and go kit. These meals can be either taken to your vehicle or handed out at the doors in front of Mesa Cafeteria.
- Breakfast and lunch grab & go meals will be provided 8:30-9:00/11:30-12:30 at the TMS Cafeteria and Mescalero Community Center for the weeks of Mar 16-20/Mar30-Apr3. Updates will be posted as needed.
- ZPSD will serve students (K-12) breakfast and lunch after spring break ends. Meals will be served on weekdays from March 23rd – 27th and March 30th – April 3rd via summer school sites. Watch all social media sites for the times.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Corona Virus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children, from the CDC.
- Cover Your Cough and Sneeze! How to Teach Kids to Cough/Sneeze into Their Sleeves, from Boston Children’s Museum.
- Small people can have big feelings when they hear about scary information on the news. Here is a great article from Huffington Post on how to talk to them about coronavirus from experts.
- Talking To Kids About the Coronavirus, from the Child Mind Institute
- Just for Kids, a comic exploring the new Coronavirus, from NPR
- A video to teach your children how hand washing helps prevents the spread of Coronavirus from Nanogirl.
- With the shortage of hand sanitizer, now is a great time to do a little science at home. Here is a recipe from Popular Science for making homemade hand sanitizer, an activity you can do with your child.
- And for older kids, Transmissions: Gone Viral, by the New York Hall of Science, an interactive comic book on the topic of viruses the scientific process–how to collect evidence and draw conclusions.
Brains On: Understanding Coronavirus and How Germs Spread, a podcast from Minnesota Public Radio
NMAEYC is now a virtual organization!
1208 San Pedro Dr NE #258
Albuquerque, NM 87110
PHONE: 505 264 5464