Opportunities to Strengthen Early Childhood Services, Programs, and Systems in New Mexico is a programmatic and fiscal analysis of early childhood services and systems in New Mexico. The report was funded through Project LAUNCH and highlights some very interesting findings, including:
- Opportunities for improving collaboration and reduced duplication;
- Areas where blended funding could produce better service delivery outcomes and cost effectiveness;
- Existing structures and processes that facilitate an integrated early childhood system of care in New Mexico;
- Successful projects and programs that can be replicated; and
- Recommendations for action.
Though New Mexico is nationally recognized as a leader in efforts to improve early childhood health, development, education, and well-being, more can clearly be done to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and overall impact of these efforts.
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) offers a host of excellent publications for early childhood educators. These include:
- Young Children - a peer-reviewed professional journal
- Teaching Young Children - a magazine for early childhood educators
- Voices of Practitioners - an online professional journal for educators
- Early Childhood Research Quarterly - a scholarly journal